Click HERE to add additional adapters
Click HERE for the Best-Selling Hellfire Muzzle Brake
The HELLFIRE 2P Muzzle Brake is designed to provide an optimized brake for Semi-Automatic and/or hunting weapons systems with barrels of 20″ or less. This brake will offer the greatest performance possible while maintaining shooter comfort.
Part of the Patent Pending HELLFIRE Modular Brake System
The HELLFIRE Self Timing Brake system is not just another knockoff copy of existing self timing brakes. It was engineered from the ground up to be extremely effective, easier to install, and much more versatile. Read more on all of its advantages below:
In order to simplify the choices, we have two caliber selections available for the HELLFIRE 2P brake. The difference in efficiency between using a caliber specific brake bore, and the next size up is so minimal if not non existent that we decided to simplify things in order to lower overall costs to you the consumer. As you can imagine, trying to stock the exact quantities required of six or so different calibers would be impossible.
223/6mm – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.243 (6mm), ie 223, 5.56 NATO, 204, 17 cal, etc
6.5mm/308 – Good for any bullet caliber up to and including 0.308, ie 6.5mm, 7mm, 284, 270, (Magnums OK)
(9mm to be added at a later date)
– Extremely easy installation, brake WILL NOT turn as you torque the collar to lock. No more guessing where the brake ports will line up once you tighten it down!
– Simple round knurled nut that requires no tools to time the brake.
– Return to zero is excellent. This means removal of your brake and re-installation will not require a zero change.
– Suppressor mount adapters available HERE
– Simply torque the universal adapter onto your barrel with a 5/8″ wrench, this piece never has to come off. Next, LEFT HAND thread the brake/collar assembly onto the adapter until it is almost snug. Now rotate the brake until it is level, push the brake into the adapter and you will feel it lock onto the taper. Now tighten the collar fully by hand, and you are done!
HELLFIRE Muzzle Brake
– Slightly rearward facing ports for the ideal balance of recoil reduction and shooter comfort.
– Proprietary port design controls muzzle rise without the use of top porting.
– Face of brake is engraved with caliber to indicate the top for correct orientation, and a horizontal line to aid in leveling.
– Made from heat treated 17-4PH Stainless Steel
– Brakes will be available in Black Nitride finish (all universal adapters will be black)
– Manufactured on state of the art CNC Machines right here in NW Ohio. 100% Made in USA.
– 1″ OD Brake, 1.1″ OD collar (meets 3-Gun standard for limited class)
– Brake assembly will add 2.1″ from the thread shoulder (approx 1.6″ added to OAL of barrel)
– Thread spec diagram can be downloaded HERE
– Weighs 4.7oz for a 30cal brake with 5/8-24 adapter
Maintenance on any muzzle brake is essential. Just like your barrel, muzzle brakes need cleaned. Over time carbon will build up in the ports, mainly the last port as the first two are semi-self cleaning from the muzzle blast. When this carbon builds up, it will eventually get to the point that bullets can actually strike it. Depending on your shooting regimen you may not notice this, you might just call it a flier. But in a competition when you need every round to impact, this is critical. Carbon bullet strikes are a worst case scenario, but the buildup can also cause accuracy or POI issues just due to airflow changes in the brake ports.
NOTE: The use of Lemishine (or any citric-acid cleaner) or CLR to clean your brake will likely discolor the black nitride, and will void the lifetime warranty of your product. Don’t do this. Seriously. It’ll turn pink and you’ll feel like an idiot.
- The best cleaning method for any muzzle brake is PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. If you clean the brake every time you clean the barrel (200-400 round intervals, shorter for 6mm rounds) it will make your life much much easier. With that being said, just soak the brake in a carbon cleaner like Boretech C4 and all the carbon should come right out, especially if you have a Black Nitride brake. Raw stainless brakes can be more challenging to clean because the surface is more porous. If necessary, you can use any kind of cleaning brush to aid in the removal of carbon from the ports. Black Nitride is harder than any material they attach to a brush, so you will not scratch the surface. Raw stainless may scratch if you use a stainless or other harder bristle brush.
- If you decide to wait until 1000 rounds or more, you will have a lot of carbon buildup in the ports which will take some effort to remove. Best method here is probably to soak for a day or two in C4 and use a pick to get the big chunks out. Then follow the above method to get the remainder off.
- You should also clean your Universal Adapter with the same care. Every time you clean your barrel, let the carbon cleaner from patching the barrel soak on the muzzle for a few minutes and use a q-tip to wipe any carbon from the barrel crown and inside the end of the adapter. Soak a patch in carbon cleaner and wipe the taper surface of the adapter off. If there is persistent carbon on the surface, use steel wool to remove, it will not damage the surface.
Here is a quick video covering installation and the ease of swapping between brake and suppressor
Here is a longer, very detailed video on the entire system and its components, also covers installation in depth.
Awesome Break and Suppressor Adapter System. Extremely well made, super light weight, eliminates recoil and has held up well through several hundred rounds along with switching from break to suppressor. Using this on a Grendel, Creedmore, and 300BO along with the HF suppressor Mount on a Silco Harvester 30. All these rifles hold zero when switching back and fourth. I’ll be ordering another break and Supp mount when my Omega gets approved. You will not find a better break and supp mount system for the money! I highly recommend Area 419 gear.
Danial M. (verified owner) –
Just what I expected from a great company.
Edward (verified owner) –
Shoots like a dream.
Daniel K. (verified owner) –
Area419 all the things
Kenneth Palmer (verified owner) –
Perfect for my Bergara HMR 308 with 20″ barrel
Yuriy (verified owner) –
Wow, impressive product! Solid, good quality product!
David Kasper (verified owner) –
Absolutely pure awesomeness
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Doesn’t reduce recoil like i thought it would but its very well made
Michael Nessler (verified owner) –
Typical Area 419 quality…meaning outstanding!
Kevin (verified owner) –
Best comp for a PCC
Marion Y. (verified owner) –
Excellent quality. Area 419 muzzle brakes are our first choice.
Joseph Vandegriff (verified owner) –
Have the same break on 3 rifles, and LOVE them all!
I was able to spot my impacts at 200 yards. I think this brake is perfect for my application.
Mike J. (verified owner) –
Well made. Easy install. Looks great.
charlie Boucher (verified owner) –
When looking for a muzzle break (for Daniel Defense Delta 5) many people including a friend who shoots with one, recommend an area 419 brake. I am sure stoked that I listened And picked one up. Before even installing it, seeing the absolutely brilliant build quality stoked confidence. The Delta 5 already had minimal recoil, and the 2P really flattens out the recoils even more . Must have for 20 inch or so barrel.
Joseph X. (verified owner) –
Great product and fast delivery. Fit and finish is excellent.
Robert (verified owner) –
Solidly-built and quite handsome for a piece of blackened metal. It rides on my 6ARC build very nicely. Installation was easy, too easy. It took the fun out putting it on. Still waiting on ammo and mags then will test the brake at the range then on whitetail. Not cheap but when you’re shooting $3/rnd, they should count. I am so confident in this product just based upon workmanship that I would buy another tomorrow for my bolt gun.
Will Wright (verified owner) –
Area419’s quality, tech, and service is second to none. Love their Hellfire system and I use it across 9 different rifles and 2 different suppressors.
Jason Burgwardt (verified owner) –
Top of the line nothing better then 419 breaks , easy to install ,clean and kills recoil
Adam (verified owner) –
Easy installation on my 6mm Arc. I bought this muzzle brake so that the rifle will have even less recoil for my younger kids to shoot and it performs perfectly. Recoil went from mild to nearly nothing on a relatively lightweight rifle. I will buy again.
Anthony K. (verified owner) –
Great addition to my AR rifles. Love transitioning all of my muzzle brakes to the hellfire system, so simple.
douglas k. (verified owner) –
Excellence and simplicity together. Easily installed and removed. You know a brake works when it gets dirty and you remove it and wipe it down with Bore Tech and it’s brand new again. I put it on a Tikka ctr in 223 and it tightened the group from .7 to .5. Highly recommended. Buy one and you can put it on multiple guns is the deal.
Danny Pearson (verified owner) –
Greatly made product!
James N. (verified owner) –
The adapter fits perfectly and it’s super easy to time. Also love that it’s so easy to attach my suppressor.
Paxton (verified owner) –
Quality part. Performance outstanding.
Brian B. (verified owner) –
Perfect machining and love the mounting system. Can’t wait to get some rounds through this brake.
Jimmy L. (verified owner) –
Excellent fit, finish. Exactly what I needed for my CROSS.
CKRUSE (verified owner) –
The Hellfire 2P is the perfect brake for a specialty pistol like my Nosler Independence in 6.5 Creedmoor. I really appreciate being able to remove the brake and tapered adapter easily to clean and maintain the barrel crown and the brake. Tames it way down, top flight stuff!
Jake (verified owner) –
Have installed on rifle but have not been able to shoot yet to see how effective everything is. Installed on a Galil Ace Gen 2 7.62×39 rifle.
Cameron K. (verified owner) –
A well made, effective brake. Perfect on my Nosler Independence. Convenient to remove for cleaning the crown and brake.
dominic (verified owner) –
Dan Morrow (verified owner) –
2 port brake is perfect for small calibers
Steven H. (verified owner) –
Easy on and off, great for my Harvester Evo can. And when suppressor isn’t on the brake is incredibly effective.
Robert (verified owner) –
For some reason the one I ordered wouldn’t lock onto the taper . Area419 sent me a replacement quick, fast & in a hurry! The replacement fits , locks onto taper & works Perfectly!! Great recoil reduction & almost no noticable pressure blast!!
Mark Kemblowski (verified owner) –
Absolutely beautiful and functional. Reduces recoil by at least 20%. Almost too easy to install.
Franklin M. (verified owner) –
Works awesome on my 18”barreled 6arc
doug d. (verified owner) –
Nothing to say. It’s area 419. Ya know what you’re getting
Raeford Cooke (verified owner) –
Worked as promised. Did reduce the recoil on my 6.5 which did help on my follow up shots😁.
Lloyd H. (verified owner) –
Installed on a 30-06 long range rifle shooting 230 gr bullets. It tames the un-suppresed recoil so you can see your impact at 400 and further. Adapts perfectly to my Dead Air Sandman with 419’s adapter system for an easy change over.
Patrick T. (verified owner) –
Christopher Sanders (verified owner) –
I installed this on my 350 legend and couldn’t be happier. Fit, finish and function are awesome!
William (verified owner) –
Bill B. (verified owner) –
Put this brake on a 556 gas gun that’s set up with a 1-8x LPVO and an 18-inch Proof Barrel as a DMR setup. Previously I had a flash hider on it, now after installing the Area 419 2P brake my rifle doesn’t move at all.. my reticle doesn’t even leave the target. Excellent brake, my only regret is not picking one up sooner.
STEPHEN (verified owner) –
Exactly what I was looking for works great
Joseph Baker (verified owner) –
Works like a charm and the self-timing feature makes it a breeze to use. Looks amazing on the end of a carbon fiber barrel.
steve p. (verified owner) –
Works Perfect love it
Bill Bakopoulos (verified owner) –
Picked up this brake to add on an 18-inch AR a few months ago. I have 400+ rounds down range with this brake and it’s been great so far. Easy to install, fit and finish is excellent, and recoil mitigation is noticeable compared to a flash hider. As far as recoil goes, there wasn’t much to begin with but I can get 2 or 3 rounds on steel before hearing the sound of the first impact. When shooting prone / modified prone the rifle barely moves.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Not sure if it’s a placebo or the brake, but I shot the best groups I ever did after I installed this brake on my rifle. I’ll let you decide.
Jadon Wilkerson (verified owner) –
Brian Smith (verified owner) –
Well Made and finished as always. Great Work
Kendall (verified owner) –
Well machined and very simple installation. Hasn’t loosened up under recoil after ~350 rounds. No complaints from me
Toby F. (verified owner) –
This is the second one I bought. Love them.