– Rearward facing ports for the ultimate in recoil reduction.
– Unique port design controls muzzle rise without the use of top porting.
– Made from 17-4PH Stainless Steel in the USA
– All turning operations on the brake are done in one operation on a Swiss style CNC for the utmost in concentricity between threads and bore
– You will not find a brake with better machine work on it, I guarantee it. No sandblasting to cover up tooling marks. 100% as they come off the machine.
– Ports are 3d chamfered on the mill. No sharp edges or hand deburring here.
– Available in 5/8-24 thread mount currently. Class 2B threads
– Professional installation required for a seamless installation.
Alternatively, I can supply peel washers . **You will have a gap between barrel and brake with this method.
– 0.080″ Thread counterbore to allow shouldering up on muzzle threads that have no thread relief
– 0.600″ thread length. Beyond the threads is a 30 degree taper flowing into the port. Ive always hated the look of seeing threads going into the first baffle, and they get loaded up with carbon much easier.
– 1″ OD
– Minimum shoulder diameter is 0.725″
– Brakes come pre-bored to .275″. Use of this brake on anything larger than a 6.5mm without opening up the bore is not recommended.
– Port area should remain full 1″ diameter for ultimate recoil reduction, however you can turn the port area down to 0.830″ MINIMUM
– NOTE: If you need 100% of the 1.00″ diameter to blend into a large barrel, please let me know this. This first run of brakes got a healthier chamfer on the back than I would like, it was supposed to just be an edge break to avoid cut hands. I will make sure the brake you get has no chamfer on the back in this situation.
Testimonial from one early tester: “I compared one to the APA little bastard and the Insight brake one night. In a non scientific test, it’s equal to the APA recoil wise. There’s also no real muzzle rise on it.”